Friday, January 22, 2010

Welcome, readers and writers!

Hi! Welcome to the blog. I'm glad you're here. My name is Jessie and I'll be posting my thoughts about books, authors, writing, movies based on books, education, and anything else literature-related that comes to mind. I studied English and creative writing in college and grad school, and I started this blog out of respect to my Facebook friends, who are probably tired of me clogging up their news feeds with my random thoughts about random books.


The mascot of the blog is Bili the bonobo, pictured below flashing his passport at the airport. Bili was rejected by his mother at the Twycross Zoo in Leicestershire, England, in late 2008. In January 2009 he was flown to Germany to live with a bonobo foster mother at the Frankfurt Zoo.



Bonobos are closely related to chimpanzees, and used to be called pygmy chimps. They are a species of great ape, and they are absolutely, positively, not monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment