Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Inspiration Post

This post is about the things that are inspiring me as a writer right now. I love Studio Ghibli films for their incredible imagination. I also love magic and the idea of nature spirits, two things that are prevalent in these films. Of course I love Dr. Who, because I really like the idea of time travel, and when combined with space travel it's even better. I put in the Brontë sisters because I'm going through a bit of a Brontë phase at the moment, having just read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall. I feel inspired by the fact that these authors were able to write such incredible novels with nothing but ink and paper and will. Lastly I've included Mars because I've been wanting to do a story about a Martian colony for a while now. I love its dramatic color in this photo; it reminds me of glowing embers. 



Laputa: Castle in the Sky 


Spirited Away


Howl's Moving Castle


Princess Mononoke


Dr. Who


The Brontës


Planet Mars

So, what about you? Where are you getting your creative inspiration lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment