Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I tried a new strategy today: writing to trance music. It really seemed to work! My concentration was very good, and the story was flowing well all day. Of course some of that might have been due to the run that I went on this morning. Exercise always has a calming effect on me, and I can concentrate noticeably better after I've gone for a run or had a gym workout.

Mostly due to traveling and the general fatigue that lingered even after the traveling was over, I'm not as far along in the novel as I would have initially hoped (my goal in January was to finish this draft by the beginning of April *laugh*), but I'm still feeling pretty good about the story.

Total word count: 89,843

Random quote:
"Go on, we’re almost there. What are you doing? Go!”
But Abby was there next to them, grabbing one of Collin’s arms. His face was turning magenta as he struggled to breathe.
“Dad—” There was a blinding crack, and Abby felt the witch standing over them before she saw her. Lady Charmain, in a towering rage, seemed to grow out of the hillside like a deformed, spindly tree.
 Yup. She's a pretty scary witch and she's not happy.

Hope everyone else's writing is going well!

2 comments:

  1. Well, glad I'm not the only one missing deadlines. ^_^

    Never would have thought to write to trance music . . . though the music I choose generally has to fit the story somehow, and I can't quite imagine trance existing in that world. Hmm.

    Loved the last line of the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! :)

    I'm hopeless with self-imposed deadlines! I guess I don't take myself seriously enough :P

    I sometimes need a bit of background noise to help me write, but anything with lyrics distracts me too much. Trance just seemed to get me in a zone somehow.

    Also...when are we gonna see some excerpts of Kai?? ;)

    ReplyDelete