Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Slow and steady wins the race

So my work on my novel this week has been slow, but steady, not unlike some sort of determined tortoise. (Incidentally, tortoises feature heavily in the chapter I'm working on. They're yellow tortoises, which can be used to predict the future, if you can decipher the signals right—which is proving difficult for my not-really-trained-in-divination characters.) Anyway, I've been writing pretty much every day, but in very small increments. This is mainly due to the continual unpacking of boxes, coupled with my inability to do laundry by magic.

Total word count: 75,049

Random quote (this is new!): 'In one room, a disgruntled looking cat floated in circles, circumnavigating the rows of students. “Notice that the spell does not harm Princess Fluffrump,” a short, white-haired man lectured, “though some motion sickness may occur."' 

What's in your future?
 Hope all of your works-in-progress are going well this week. Happy writing!

*Photo credit: Richard Mayer, 2005. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Testudooos_008.jpg-.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment