Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I'm still on a first draft writing high with Dyllan and Abigail. Things keep surprising me, but in a good way. This week it's been all about a (somewhat) wicked enchantress, who has been impeding my MCs' progress. It's been a good chance for me to have my young protagonist, Abby, test her skills and bravery ahead of the book's final showdown. These scenes have been relatively easy to write, and they've been helping me discover way more about the magic in my magical world.

This week's word count: 4,101

Total word count: 82,839

Random quote:

...there was a stupendous crack, a gust of acrid smoke, and Lady Charmain strode through the twisted trees, dusting her palms. Away from the hamlet, the elfin smile plastered across her face was more like a leer, and the bones in her arms protruded even farther, casting shadows on her sour-milk skin. She walked like a marionette.
Abby leapt backward. Or at least, she tried to. While her mind commanded her body to move, it merely swayed a little, like a curtain in a breeze. Fathian swayed beside her, a high-pitched whine escaping his lips.

Hope everyone else's WIP is going swimmingly this week.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment