Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy All Hallows Eve!

Happy Halloween one and all!

Big Chimp and I had a great time at the London MCM Expo yesterday. It's a comic convention that has the same feel as San Diego Comic-Con, but on a much smaller scale. The event focuses on comics, manga, films, games, and Japanese pop culture. There were lots of artists and writers doing signings; lots of merchandise for sale; cool costumes; game demonstrations; Japanese drummers; origami lessons; and, inexplicably, there were these British wrestlers throwing each other around in a ring in the corner:



I bought a stack of books to add to my growing to-read pile:


[Yes, these books are stories of ancient Roman history told through the voices of anthropomorphic cats. Cool, right?]

And, best of all, this hat:


The reference, for all you non-Sudio Ghibli people (seriously, you don't know what you're missing!), is Totoro from Hayao Miyazaki's My Neighbor Totoro.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I am so going down to my local otaku outlet and getting those cat mangas.

    Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I thought they were mangas when I picked them up, but it turns out they're novels. But they are still awesome! What's not to like about ancient Roman cats?

    This was only my second comic convention, but I'm now convinced I need to go to more. Just seeing all the weird costumes makes it worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete