Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's resolutions

It's been an eventful year here at the book cafe: European trips, one amazing Harry Potter studio tour, the Olympics, a trans-Atlantic move, new jobs. But in between all the excitement and the scariness of life changes, one thing remained constant: as always, I had my nose in a book about fifty percent of the time. This year my reading goal was sixty books, a goal that I managed to meet with a week to spare (fist pump).

My other literary goal, of course, was to finish my first draft of Dyllan and Abigail, my second young adult fantasy novel, which I accomplished over the summer.

So, what's in store for 2013?

Reading goals:
  • Read 40 books.
  • (Of these: 5 history books, 5 poetry collections, and 5 classics.)
Writing goals:
  • Write 8,000 words each week.
  • Edit Dyllan and Abigail until it looks like something resembling a real novel.
Non-literary goals:
  • Complete my first half marathon (only a few weeks away!).
  • Keep on running even after the half marathon is over.
  • Start doing yoga.
  • Learn Spanish.
  • Support more charities.
So, what are your New Year's resolutions, readers? Let me know in the comments!

And however you celebrate tonight, stay happy and safe! See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment